Some of us that were in Rwanda at the time and survived those killers, have never recovered. Believe me…, you cannot recover from the death of your entire family, friends, relatives, neighbors and other familiar faces like the old woman(umuchechuru) of the village, the mad man, the shop attendant of the shop you used to buy water..etc.
However, you cannot just seat there and keep quite when you see the same thing happening in Northern Uganda, DR Congo,Palestine,etc. You cannot!!
I felt very saddened when Paul Kagame’s regime conspired with Yoweri Museveni to kill innocent Hutus and Congolese in the Kivu and Ituri regions of Democratic Republic of Congo, on the pretext of fighting the perpetrators of the Rwanda genocide in DR Congo.
I can swear on my life that all those Western compradors (local puppets) running Rwanda today never lost a single relative during the 1994 genocide. Today, our people continue to die in Kivu-both Hutu and Tutsi, because of a divide and rule mindset of Paul Kagame.
For sure, what sort of Banyarwanda can have such a short memory?
What is disturbing today, is the ongoing clandestine assassinations of Survivors of the 1994 Rwanda genocide. Who is behind it and are dark [sinister] forces involved? If yes, who is their paturo (chief)?
That’s why, we always encourage survivors never to join those bloody organisations run by western NGOs.
Apart from being reminded the pain-of how you were abandoned during the genocide, nothing the world can do to bring back your loved ones! Nothing!!!
I would like to remind those Rwandaise (Rwandans) who go around calling the 1994 genocide a “Tutsi genocide” that they are very wrong and are not building a united Rwanda because thousands of Hutus also died. I’m speaking as a Tutsi and not a Hutu.
The Kigali regime is not doing any justice to the victims but creating more hatred against the tutsi that will surface and target them again, in a couple of years to come. Please try and think on a long-term basis and not a short-term one, because the colonialists in London and Washington are forcing you to dance to their tune. Gashahurwe, Mukomereeeee cyaneee, banyarwanda na banyarwandakazi!!!
Paul Kagame is a Known Killer in Uganda and his spree of killing in Rwanda and Congo does not surprise many Ugandans. Kagame is a hardcore fascist that has no problem killing a tutsi man for loving a hutu woman.
Of course Paul Kagame would never have achived his killing frenzy without the help of his genocidal mentor in uganda, Yoweri Museveni.
What the world should understand is that in private when you ask Paul kagame about whether he sleeps at night with all those innocent rwandans he ordered his killing squards within RPA (Rwanda Patriotic Army-killing squards never wore uniforms) to Kill?
He just smiles and says that, he became a soldier to kill and not protect life because he’s not a doctor!!
When He defends himself in public by arrogantly saying that the genocide against the Tutsi had been planned years before, its utterly nonsensical because many Tutsi and Hutu always lived in harmony with each other till 1994. And if you look at many of the bodies of the genocide victims, their hands are tied to their back. This is a common way of killing in Uganda and was introduced by NRA, now UPDF-Uganda Army of which Paul Kagame was a founder and Chief military Intelligency officer and is known as Kandoya. Kandoya was never known to Interahamwe nor Rwandan Army at the time.
Definitely Hutu Youths-Many of them where internally displaced after being ethnically cleansed from their homes in North-Eastern parts of Rwanda by Kagames’ killing frenzy) killed people they suspected to be allies with RPA(Rwanda Patriotic Army). However, their capture on camera killing was not accidental, it was a planned footage by the western media.
This is how Paul Kagame was behaving publicly before he captured power.
1. The RPF/Rwandan Patriotic Army (RPA) had a 3-4/1 military-force advantage, which was known to then-General Kagame at least as of February 1993 when the RPF/RPA broke the Arusha ceasefire and nearly captured the capital, that the RPF/RPA had the military power to take power in Rwanda at will. It was the 1,000,000-plus displaced, brutalized refugees who became an ungovernable force that later engaged in civilian-civilian massacres.
2. Between February 1993 and April 1994, while pretending to negotiate a power-sharing agreement set out in the Arusha Accords, Gen. Kagame openly declared to RPA troops that they should prepare for war and he also threatened war repeatedly when speaking with UN and international delegations in early 1994, as reflected in contemporary UN documents.
3. During this same period, hundreds of tons of weaponry and ammunition were illegally brought into Rwanda in preparation for the final assault to seize power and stored in numerous “weapons caches” around the country.
4. By March 1994, UN documents show that the Rwandan Government Forces (RGF) had been decimated by the four-year war of invasion by elements of the Ugandan military, supported by the Ugandan government and military, and lacked the military capacity to fight an invading army AND use military force to stop civilian massacres by other civilians.
5. The former U.S. Ambassador to Rwanda, Hon. Robert Flaten, testified in June 2005 that he personally warned Gen. Kagame and Pres. Habyarimana that if either resumed war by breaking the Arusha Accords cease fire, they would be responsible for thousands of civilian casualties from retaliatory killings that U.S. State Department documents predicted should the war resume…similar to killings that swept Burundi/Rwanda in 1988.
6. On March 9-10, 2006 and again on April 3-6, 2006 the President of the ICTR heard testimony, with supporting U.N. and other documents, that Gen. Kagame ordered the assassination of President Habyarimana to de-stabilize his enemy, and that he ordered the final assault within minutes after learning of the successful missile attack….long BEFORE any retaliatory, civilian killings had occurred anywhere in Rwanda.
7. The evidence, confirmed in original UN documents, also shows that, between April 6, 1994 and the RPF military victory in mid-July 1994, the Rwandan Government and the RGF repeatedly asked for an unconditional cease-fire to permit its few, battle-hardened troops to use force to stop the massacres. When the RGF stated that it lacked the means to stop the massacres without a ceasefire, UN documents confirmed that this was known to be true by Gen. Dallaire and Gen. Kagame in March 1994, before the assassination of President Habyarimana.
8. Canadian General Dallaire testified in January 2004 that: (a) there were only about 5,000 dependable RGF troops; (b) the first obligation of all armies, including the Canadian Army and the RGF, is to defend the “security of the homeland;” (c) and, it was militarily impossible for the RGF/Gendarmes to fight a war of invasion AND stop long-predicted, retaliatory, civilian-civilian massacres.
9. Between April 1994 and July 1994, the RPF was the only military force in Rwanda which was militarily capable of stopping the massacres, with or without a cease-fire, however, on numerous occasions Gen. Kagame specifically ordered field officers NOT to use troops “to save civilians while RPF soldiers are dying” and, as Gen. Dallaire testified under oath, Gen. Kagame told him that civilian killings are “collateral damage” for his war plan.
10. According to sworn ICTR testimony, Gen. Kagame specifically ordered the creation of particular units responsible for “cleansing” civilians from areas controlled by the RPF and was personally present as tens of thousands of civilians were lured to Byumba Stadium in late April 1994 and massacred by RPF troops under his command, among other atrocities.
11. Much of this information can be found in: The Secret History of Rwanda by former RPF Officer Abdul Joshua Ruzibiza, recently published in Paris; the Report of Serge Desouter to the ICTR, an historian of the Belgian “White Fathers” century-old mission in Rwanda; the public and closed transcripts at the ICTR; and, original UN documents introduced as exhibits in the Military 1 case (Bagasora et al) at the ICTR.
12. In July 2003, then-ICTR Prosecutor Carla del Ponte announced that she had discovered enough evidence to prosecute BOTH sides in the Rwandan War. However, shortly thereafter, Pres. Kagame called for her resignation, as did Colin Powell and Kofi Annan. She was replaced two months later and, to this date, not ONE person associated with Gen. Kagame’s successful seizure of power has been called to account at the ICTR (unlike the ICTY in which leaders associated with all major actors have been indicted).
13. In light of the evidence now in the public record of the Tribunal, a formal Motion is being prepared which requests the President of the Tribunal, and the Office of the Prosecutor, to draft the Indictment of Paul Kagame for Murder, Conspiracy to Commit Murder, various War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity and Conspiracy to commit such crimes, all committed by him, and the troops he commanded in Rwanda in 1994.
14. Motions to dismiss charges presently pending against former RGF Officers for actions properly attributed to the victors of the 1994 RPF War of Accession to Power.
Now, the Paul Kagame ideologist would quickly rubbish anything written here as being some Tutsi genocide revisionism. Utterly nonsense because these are all facts and not some fiction. Its Kagame who has killed more tusti and not the interahamwe, visa-vi.
Rwanda and the entire Region will never be stable till Killers like Paul Kagame and Yoweri Museveni are arrested and brought before justice.